Subscribe to Blog via Email
Latest Blog Posts
- Storm-struck Counties Get One More Week To File Minnesota Taxes
- (no title)
- A Special Dispensation For Farmers and Fishers
- This Could Get A Little Complicated!
- Despite Federal Lapse, Tax Season Arrives On Schedule
- Too Late To Trim Some Taxes?
- Uncle Sam Will Still Split The Dinner Check!
- Sales Tax Talk Just In Time For The Holidays!
- Find More Than Street Names On This Map!
- It’s A Humongous Change!
Tag Archives: Minnesota sales taxes
Black Friday. Cyber Monday. The holiday shopping season is underway again! The Minnesota Department of Revenue can’t tell how much you’ll spend for gifts this year. But it has just drawn out a quick way to tell how much you can expect pay in state and local taxes. Holiday shoppers now can pull up a Minnesota map on their computers or smartphones and find out whether they will pay only the state’s 6.875 percent sales tax or more on their merry purchases this season. The interactive Sales Tax Rate Map shows counties and cities; it also can drill down to … Continue reading
This ought to speed things up for some Minnesota businesses. On July 1, the Minnesota Department of Revenue changes the way it exempts “capital equipment” from state and local sales taxes. The tax break pertains to equipment used to make products that eventually will go to retail markets for sale. Businesses buying or leasing this manufacturing equipment actually have been able to claim a refund of state and local sales taxes after the purchase. To capture it, they submitted a form (ST11), which involved creating a worksheet with numerous details. In addition, they were limited to two refund requests each … Continue reading