Subscribe to Blog via Email
Latest Blog Posts
- Minnesota Rewards College Savings Accounts
- Minnesota Gives Tax Salutes To Its Military
- Storm-struck Counties Get One More Week To File Minnesota Taxes
- Still Figuring? Extend Tax Deadline– Automatically!
- A Special Dispensation For Farmers and Fishers
- This Could Get A Little Complicated!
- Despite Federal Lapse, Tax Season Arrives On Schedule
- Too Late To Trim Some Taxes?
- Uncle Sam Will Still Split The Dinner Check!
- Sales Tax Talk Just In Time For The Holidays!
Tag Archives: Minnesota counties
Black Friday. Cyber Monday. The holiday shopping season is underway again! The Minnesota Department of Revenue can’t tell how much you’ll spend for gifts this year. But it has just drawn out a quick way to tell how much you can expect pay in state and local taxes. Holiday shoppers now can pull up a Minnesota map on their computers or smartphones and find out whether they will pay only the state’s 6.875 percent sales tax or more on their merry purchases this season. The interactive Sales Tax Rate Map shows counties and cities; it also can drill down to … Continue reading
The official paper trail for a home purchase in Minnesota can’t be just paper any more. One required record goes all-digital on Oct. 1. In fact, courthouses won’t even accept a Certificate of Real Estate Value on paper, the state Department of Revenue is telling us. Since 1978, anyone buying $1,000 or more worth of property in Minnesota has been required to submit the 4-part CRV form to a county courthouse or City Hall. Those purchase reports of houses, land and other real estate are important to state and local governments for determining property taxes, among other uses. About 145,000 … Continue reading