Subscribe to Blog via Email
Latest Blog Posts
- Minnesota Rewards College Savings Accounts
- Minnesota Gives Tax Salutes To Its Military
- Storm-struck Counties Get One More Week To File Minnesota Taxes
- Still Figuring? Extend Tax Deadline– Automatically!
- A Special Dispensation For Farmers and Fishers
- This Could Get A Little Complicated!
- Despite Federal Lapse, Tax Season Arrives On Schedule
- Too Late To Trim Some Taxes?
- Uncle Sam Will Still Split The Dinner Check!
- Sales Tax Talk Just In Time For The Holidays!
Tag Archives: fishermen
Both the Internal Revenue Service and Minnesota’s Department of Revenue agree. Taxpayers who farm or fish for a living deserve a break this time around! Most Individual farmers and commercial fishermen make a single estimated tax payment on Jan. 15 each year. If they don’t pay by March 1, they normally can be hit with penalties. But, the IRS changed some rules for 2018 returns and apparently sowed some confusion into the mix for many of those taxpayers. Specifically, the IRS says it “anticipate(s) that farmers and fishermen may have difficulty accurately determining and paying their tax liability for the … Continue reading